Call for artist submissions
This page is dedicated to announcements/calls for artists/artwork for exhibits/shows
Announcements for opportunities for exhibiting will be posted as they come in to us.
Holland Friends of Art
Members Awards Show
Details to come.
Members Awards Show
Details to come.
OPEN EXHIBITING for HFA MEMBERS
Holland Hospital:Gallery 602:
Holland Hospital Gallery 602
Holland Hospital (lower level) 602 Michigan Ave. Holland, MI 49423
A partnership between Holland Hospital and Holland Friends of Art gives HFA members the opportunity to display their artwork in the lower level of the hospital, free of charge. BUT,any artist accepted,into the gallery,MUST be a H.F.A. member. You may find a membership form,under the 'contact' tab,at the top.
The collaboration provides a relaxing and comfortable environment for Holland Hospital patients and visitors as well as a platform to display and support local artists.
“The beauty of art is that it can have a calming effect on those observing it. Our hope is to provide an escape for hospital patients and visitors and give our Holland Friends of Art members the opportunity to showcase their talents,in a way that heals,positively.” said Paulette Carr, Gallery 602 Curator.
Each month, a new artist exhibit is on display.
Gallery 602 is located on the southside of the Hosptal,to the right of the reception desk,down the stairs,into the lower gallery lobby.
Gallery 602 H.F.A. Volunteer Curators are Paulette Carr and Leslie Victor.
Paulette Carr email@example.com
Leslie Victor firstname.lastname@example.org
"CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS"
Hello,H.F.A members and friends.....
At the request and courtesy of Great Legs Winery Brewery Distillery,located,here in Holland,Michigan,332 E. Lakewood Blvd...invites H.F.A. members,to exhibit their work,in their establishment. This is slated for a 2020 January/February run.
- Great Legs Winery and Brewery is offering up exhibiting space,throughout their establishment for 8 artists,submitting 5 pieces,each. This will be for a 2 month run,with 4 artists January and 4 artists in February. This will be a “salon” style exhibit.There will be opening receptions (TBD)for both months.
2) Pieces should be no bigger than 600 square inches. Pieces MUST be complete,dry and framed,as needed, and ready to hang with hanging wire. Please,no sawtooths,as the hanging apparatus,used, is not compatible with sawtooths.
3) Artwork/jpg submissions will be required to have titles/prices/artist contact info,accompanying them,when submitted,via email, and when brought to location. (Will make it easier for cataloging). Great Legs will take a 25% commission,should any piece sell. Pieces will hang,until the end of each 1 month period,respectively.
4) Submission is by email,to email@example.com. Please consider quality of submitted jpgs., as it will only work to your benefit. Deadline for submissions,via email,is November 15,2019.
5) Being that there will be no fee to submit, Selected Artists will be required to participate and help in the hanging process and in the promotion of the events. Great Legs Winery Brewery Distillery will help to promote the selected artists event by tagging selected artists and they ask the artists to do the same in any of their own social posts promoting the event, I. E. LIKE their Facebook page “Great Legs Winery Brewery Distillery LLC” and properly tag their name in your posts to reciprocate promoting one another. An event post invitation will be made by Great Legs and the selected artists will be tagged as co-hosts. Selected Artists will be asked to meet at the Winery for a photo that will be used as the event banner and for promotional flyers, along with submitting a couple of lines to be used in the event bio of each artist. Photos shoot scheduling will be arranged between artists and Great Legs. Artists are encouraged to invite their friends and family and to be at the Opening Reception (TBD). A discussion will be held at the photo shoot about the potential Reception Dates and details for the Event. The Winery will pay for a local musician to play background music.
Beth Canaan: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Art in the Park tab,at the top, for more information.
All Member HFA Fall show:
TBA. Normally,we hold this show,in October. We are looking for volunteers to help with curating,take in and hanging of the show. If interested,please, contact Noel Castro,at email@example.com.
We can't do this without you!!